Elegoo 3D Printers Forum
Z detector do nothing ( seems ) - Printable Version

+- Elegoo 3D Printers Forum (https://www.elegoomars.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Elegoo Mars 3D Printer (https://www.elegoomars.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Maintenance & How-To (https://www.elegoomars.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Z detector do nothing ( seems ) (/showthread.php?tid=607)

Pages: 1 2

Z detector do nothing ( seems ) - tbis1807 - 08-23-2020

hi guys,
I have had a Mars for a few months already, yesterday I made an impression and no way to finalize the leveling phase of the plate, the Z tries to go down under the screen I turn off I turn on again, ditto, I update the Firmware, ditto.

I start to look at the mechanics and I am interested in the optical limit switch at the bottom of the axis, miracle it must be him, I loosen it, I put it back up a bit.Retest and it works, I do several tests in case it was an accident and not it works.

this morning at dawn I relaunch an impression and Bam, the same .... unscrewing, I put the sensor back up not much in fact and nothing. the symptoms are clearer this time, if I put the plateau high enough and that I run the "level" the plateau goes down, I simulate the arrival at the bottom by closing the opto (the red led goes out) but the plateau would continue until it crosses the screen (at one point it goes under pressure and the Z motor starts to squeal with effort) So I dry off, the sensor seems to be doing its job (the led goes out) but behind it it has no effect ..

Thank you for reading

RE: Z detector do nothing ( seems ) - cliffyk - 08-23-2020

Hello,

I wanted first to let you know that for those of us using the forum's "light" color scheme, the light gray font color you selected makes your message very difficult to read--I almost didn't.

here what it looks like on my monitor:
[Image: CannotRead-00.png]

What happens if you remove the platen assembly and resin vat, and press the home button?

Does the trolley:
  • Lower to a point at which the sensor LED flickers;
  • Then rise 5-6 mm;
  • Then fall again and stop with the sensor LED off?

If so then the Z-axis controls are operating properly and your issue is either a malformed or maladjusted platen assembly.

Note: it is important that you remove the platen assembly and resin vat before conducting this test!

RE: Z detector do nothing ( seems ) - tbis1807 - 08-23-2020

if i did your tests, trolley never stop, only the floor stop it, i need to stop it with stop button

(08-23-2020, 08:13 AM)tbis1807 Wrote: if i did your tests, trolley never stop, only the floor stop it, i need to stop it with stop button

Two possibilities I see;

The most obvious is of course a defective unit--Elegoo seems to have a problem with quality control;

The other is that the machine configuration G-Code is messed up. There are settings in that configuration which define the characteristics and behaviour of the limit switch;

these are those settings from the G-Code file I use:

Code:
                ;
                ;
                ;Z-axis limit switch position type
M8029 I0                 ; 0: One-sided limit, only use Z-limit, do not use Z+
                                 ; 2: Bilateral limit, if Z+ and Z- limit are used at the same time, Z+ can limit the maximum stroke of Z
                ;
                ;
                ;
                ;Z limit switch wiring type If this configuration is wrong, the motor will not move and the buzzer will be in a
                ; certain direction when the motor is operated by the manual interface will make a drop of sound.
                                 ; Simple judgment method, if the configuration is normal, when the limit is changed to the limit,
                                 ; the buzzer will make a drip sound.
                                 ; When the limit is changed to the unrestricted position, the buzzer will not sound.
                                 ; If the opposite is found, modify this configuration.
M8029 T0                 ; 0: Limit switch normally open (when unrestricted - and s voltage is high level, low level when limit)
                                 ; 1: Limit switch normally closed (when unrestricted - and s voltage is low level, high level when limit)
                ;
                ;Z-axis limit switch position
M8029 S0                 ; 0: The position of the forming bracket is the closest to the platform, and the limit is connected to Z-
                                 ; 1: The position of the extrusion bracket is the farthest from the platform, and the limit is connected to Z+
                ;

i create a gcode with your text and i play in the mars?

(08-23-2020, 08:30 AM)tbis1807 Wrote: i create a gcode with your text and i play in the mars?

No...

On the USB flash drive that came with the printer there should be a file named ChiTu Mainboard SpecificationV3.0.9.gcode or perhaps Machine parameters.gcode (this latter file seems to be what is currently being supplied.

Check that file and make certain the Z-AXis settings are as I provided above. If they are not change them and"print" that file on your Mars (just as you would a .cbddlp or .ctb model file)--that will set the machine's configuration as defined in the .gcode file.

You may wish to print the file anyway, even if the Z-axis settings seem correct, just to make sure the macine is properly configured.

IF you would like, before you print the .gcode configuration file send me a copy (to cliffyk@paladinmicro.com) I will be pleased to check it and make sure it is correct.

my USB flash died no more files ...

Here's a link to my setup file--CIK-Mainboard_SpecificationV3.0.9-Z155Max.gcode (8.6 k)...

Hi Cliffyk,

thank you for the file, i ll try it asap

RE: Z detector do nothing ( seems ) - tbis1807 - 08-24-2020

Ok Cliffyk i run the gcode but the same things happen, i am in contact with Elegoo, they think te sensor is defective and they send a new one to me, hope this resolve the problem

anyway thank you for your help !