Elegoo 3D Printers Forum
Firmware 443 not updating? (was: Elegoo's or Chitubox Firmware?) - Printable Version

+- Elegoo 3D Printers Forum (https://www.elegoomars.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Elegoo Mars 2 Pro (https://www.elegoomars.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=46)
+--- Forum: Firmware Updates (https://www.elegoomars.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=48)
+--- Thread: Firmware 443 not updating? (was: Elegoo's or Chitubox Firmware?) (/showthread.php?tid=990)

Pages: 1 2

Firmware 443 not updating? (was: Elegoo's or Chitubox Firmware?) - Swaggings - 07-23-2021

---This is my original post, and I guess it was just a confusion of links, there is no "Chitubox Firmware version"; but, now there is a different problem, see the answer in follow up post after this----

Hi,
so, total n00b here, perhaps the question thus stupid - or not.
The slicer that comes with the mars2pro Chitubox, is in a V1.6 but one can download a V1.9 (you get a reminder everytime...), The latter requires a firmware update though. 
That firmware though is in a V4.4.3, wheres the official Elegoo one seems to be 4.3.13xxxxx (and that's the one installed at unboxing) 
From other printer threads, it sounds like people are only using the "official" Elegoo one, not the Chitubox? Does that in turn mean use the older 1.6 Chitubox (as in, totally fine?) or... alternatives?
Thanks in advance.

RE: Elegoo's or Chitubox Firmware? - l1pa - 07-23-2021

Also just got this printer....
It appears to me that the Chitubox site redirects to the Elegoo firmware update site. The latest version there is V4.4.3-c2_LCDC/1620X2560 /F9.23 as of today (7-23-2021). The printer I have has the same version firmware yours does. When I try to print a sliced file from Chitubox V1.9 is says "Unknown File Format" and won't print. Is this what you get or have you tried the V1.9 software yet?

As for the Chitubox site for updating their software, there's a link in the fine print that gives required minimum firmware version for the Mars 2 Pro. Requires V4.4.3_c2_LCDF. When you click on DOWNLOAD there, it redirects to the Elegoo firmware site (I think). Firmware on the Elegoo site for the Mars 2 Pro is as noted in previous post.

RE: Elegoo's or Chitubox Firmware? - Swaggings - 07-23-2021

Thanks - I used the 1.6 Slicer Version for now.
Now I see - I downloaded from the Chitubox link, but to double check I googled and then I found only this:
https://www.elegoo.com/blogs/3d-printing/elegoo-mars-2-pro-3d-printer-support-files  where it's from oct 2020.
The other link is this one:
https://www.elegoo.com/pages/3d-printing-user-support

But then I know - it was just a confusion in the links (it's not Chitubox firmware or such, it is Elegoo's own).

Erm, lol? Different issue:
I updated the firmware ("printed" the sh4 then cbd file, even the logo), but it only shows 4313F2.23
I redownloaded the 443 file and redid the whole procedure (with turning on and off) but still 4313.
http://69.195.111.207/tutorial-download/?t=MARS_2_PRO_Firmware_F9.23
So either it is not flashing correctly, or the file is - incorrect????

RE: Firmware 443 not updating? (was: Elegoo's or Chitubox Firmware?) - mzanetti - 07-24-2021

Had the same... It is not working when "printing" the firmware files as described on the Elegoo site. However, placing the firmware files in the root directory of the USB stick, plugging the stick into the printer and then power cycling the printer seems to have done the trick for me.

RE: Firmware 443 not updating? (was: Elegoo's or Chitubox Firmware?) - Swaggings - 07-24-2021

(07-24-2021, 05:52 AM)mzanetti Wrote: Had the same... It is not working when "printing" the firmware files as described on the Elegoo site. However, placing the firmware files in the root directory of the USB stick, plugging the stick into the printer and then power cycling the printer seems to have done the trick for me.
Power cycling? As in "print first" file, turn off then on, "print 2nd file" and turn off/on?

Three is a charm? After third attempt, it worked (as intended). Dunno what I did different. It just - worked.

RE: Firmware 443 not updating? (was: Elegoo's or Chitubox Firmware?) - mzanetti - 07-24-2021

No, just copying the files to the stick, turning the printer off, plugging in the stick and turning the printer on again.

Well, now that you say it, I did first try to "print" the firmware update file too. Perhaps that's needed? Can't say for sure... Anyhow, once I moved the firmware files out of a subfolder and into the top directory of the stick and turned the printer on, it beeped and updated for me.

RE: Firmware 443 not updating? (was: Elegoo's or Chitubox Firmware?) - Swaggings - 07-24-2021

(07-24-2021, 02:00 PM)mzanetti Wrote: No, just copying the files to the stick, turning the printer off, plugging in the stick and turning the printer on again.

Well, now that you say it, I did first try to "print" the firmware update file too. Perhaps that's needed? Can't say for sure... Anyhow, once I moved the firmware files out of a subfolder and into the top directory of the stick and turned the printer on, it beeped and updated for me.

Ah, interesting. I printed them "manually" to make the update. You are saying it did it automatically?
Also, now that I come to think of it, the first attempt I had the files in subfolder. The second time around though I didn't. Oh well, it worked.  

Cheers.

RE: Firmware 443 not updating? (was: Elegoo's or Chitubox Firmware?) - mzanetti - 07-25-2021

Yes, I turned the printer on and it just did it....

RE: Firmware 443 not updating? (was: Elegoo's or Chitubox Firmware?) - dschiri1 - 08-02-2021

Count me as another failed update. Followed instruction.  Strange but when I printed the update SH4 file mars pro 2 restarts.  Has anyone else seen this behavior? When I power cycle the machine, it is still at the old V4.3.13-F2.23.  I have tried multiple times and it still fails.  Any ideas?

now when I press print for the SH4 file. Message box appears "Firmware updated soon!" What does that mean?

Now this is really strange I used the original USB stick and it worked.  Guess I had a bad USB drive.

RE: Firmware 443 not updating? (was: Elegoo's or Chitubox Firmware?) - James_William - 08-03-2021

I updated the firmware...I Think...However when I test printed a ring ctb file and then the "rook" ctb file...4 times! it came up after a couple of hours waiting for it to end printing, only to discover it printed a flat circle on the build plate and the tank bottom...I even followed a video and used Bluecast XOne wax castable resin...not impressed...I need this up and running to cast some rings...Please help as the only thing I can think of is the firmware update must not have took