Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Problem with supports not printing
Hi everyone, I got a M2P yesterday - I could print the 2 towers no problem. Then I started to prepare my own first model. 3 failed prints so far. Fail 1: did not stick to the plate at all, so I releveld the printer and replaced foil on vat as I damaged it by removing the resin on it. See images below of fail 2 and 3.

As you can see the supports are not "sticking" to the "foundation plate". In one case at least some were printed, in the second try none. 

I will try the towers again tomorrow and see if they print fine. It could also be an issue with the model. Anyone any ideas? Thanks

ps. I also have shiny sticky spots on the printed towers, I cured them first for 15 minutes in sunlight and then 5 minutes in the Elegoo Mercury curing station with UV, still sticky spots. Is this uncured resin?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I would try increasing the exposure times by 20% to 25%, perhaps a tad more--IMHO Chitubox's default exposures for the M2P configuration are overly optimistic. The M2P does have a higher wattage¹ curing lamp, but not THAT much more powerful...

---------------------------------------------------------
¹ - I have seen it claimed to be 50 W; how they do that, and power the other stuff (mobo, fan, stepper motor and LCD) too, with a 60 W "wall wart" is a mystery to me. Also, I realize the monochrome LCD is more efficient--but again not THAT much more efficient.

BTW, my plain ol' Mars printer draws an additional 40 W when the LEDs turn on...
-cliff knight-
[Image: 816-20120803-wide800.jpg]
paladinmicro.com
Thanks, gonna try this. I will also look for RainX or some PTFE lubricant to put on my FPE. I think the problem is that the resin is sticking more to the FPE than to the raft for some reason.
I have read of some using Rain X and the like to treat the FEP, and though as intuitive as it sounds, it is not something i have tried or could recommend as it has to become a contaminant between the first and subsequent layers of the model. Declining in quantity certainly, but a contaminant nonetheless.

I have and do use a very thin film of silicone mould release between he FEP and the LCD (I spray a bit on a micro-fibre cloth and wipe both surfaces lightly) to block any tendency of the two to adhere to one another, which would prevent the FEP from flexing upward during the layer detachment operation.
-cliff knight-
paladinmicro.com
New version is currently printing with an increase from 2.5 to 2.8 seconds exposure time. I also re-leveled and cleaned the vat with a IPA and microfibre. So far it looks good. I hope it turns out good. Thanks for this hint.
Cool, please let us know how it turns out. That's a 12 % increase, if you are still having issues try 3.0 s (20%)...
-cliff knight-
paladinmicro.com
Photo 
Turned out to be really good. Quite happy with the result Smile I might go for 2.9s in my next run. 
Was easy to remove the supports as well.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Excellent...
-cliff knight-
paladinmicro.com