Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Exposure test failed and nothing prints
(06-05-2020, 03:19 PM)Meh Wrote: Hi. Thanks for your reply.

Not sure what you mean by black or white? There is no colour except the purple lights coming through fromĀ under the printing platform.

The test worked once. The printer has not been moved since the first test that worked so unsure how the cable could come loose.

I'm happy to try having a look but will opening up the unit not void my 1 year warranty?

Thanks, again. I appreciate you taking the time to offer advice Smile

First, no, opening it can't void your warranty: It's a required part of operation since the screen is a consumable item. It'd be like voiding your cars warranty because you opened the hood.

While printing, there are vibrations and such, so if the cable was just barely hanging on, this easily could shake it loose.

"White" is when the screen is transparent, letting all of the light from behind through it. ( As much as is possible anyways. It is an RGB screen, and the light is far violet, so it's blocked by the red and green subpixels. This is why they're switching to monochrome, and why monochrome has about 1/4 of the exposure times. )

I would still open it and check the cable, but as it stands there's a fair chance it's either the LCD or motherboard. If the cable is tight, contact elegoo support. They're quite good about replacements.

Messages In This Thread
Exposure test failed and nothing prints - by Meh - 06-03-2020, 06:42 PM
RE: Exposure test failed and nothing prints - by zemerick - 06-05-2020, 03:35 PM