Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All the prints get stuck to FEP
Thank you for the info MistaBreed!

To be honest, I'm doing a lot of testing on my own too.

Let me start answering your questions:
- Resin : I'm using Elegoo black resin
- I have not used any substance for cleaning the printer or the build plate. I only Ethilic alcohol 99% (I can't find IPA...)

Now, the new results:
I have been able to print my test squares: stiking them everywheren even in the center.
The adhesio in the center is still kind tricky, but worked 2 over 2 times after my last test yesterday.

Before entering into how I calibrated my build plate, let me tell that I changed the FEP on the vat because myne was tearing near the corner where the frame is pushed into the vat. (I don't know if this has any impact on my rrent results)

For levelling, I followed the guide for another resing printer (not mentioning here since I don't know if it is allowed) but is called the "flint read method"
(requires to have enabled the Set Z=0 button though)
- put in the empty vat
- thighten it
- release the screw to allow the build plate to rotate (release all, tighten until start to grip, release the bare minimum to free it)
- manualy go to zero the build platform
- pull the holding nuts to stop the build platform from moving
- try to move the vat slowly and carefully to not scratch it, should be stuck
- manually rise the build plate untill the vat starts to move (in my case it took 1 full milimiter, maybe more...)
- when the vat is moving, I lowered the built platform and checked that the vad is stil moving, but a littloe bit than berely (thi si tricky, personal feedback here)
- set that as zero with the SetZ=0 button

After that, I have been able to print the tests
now I'm trying to print a couple fo tilted rooks but not sure... I will see

Messages In This Thread
All the prints get stuck to FEP - by swordman - 11-16-2019, 04:20 AM
RE: All the prints get stuck to FEP - by swordman - 11-20-2019, 11:26 AM
RE: All the prints get stuck to FEP - by DarkDust - 11-25-2019, 03:46 AM