Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Print quailty following updates
(09-13-2021, 10:35 PM)cliffyk Wrote: How old is--or more importantly, how many operating hours on--your printer? On the original Mars the LCD lasts approximately 250 to 300 hours before the "liquid" breaks down and no longer twists as it should--read more about this here
I've only used couple of litres resin , so not many hours at all.

I'm still puzzled by the apparent coincidence with the firmware update: I ran out of black resin and, while waiting for a new bottle to arrive, updated the firmware . The very next print was a mess of stringing an lines , I thought is was the v1.9 Chitubox settings at fault (several new features that might need tuning) ,  it was only after a couple more messy prints that I noticed the lines were visible on the LCD in 'exposure' and 'clean' modes .

Interestingly , the test prints using the sliced code from v1.8.1 were much cleaner (although also had the line fault) .

this picture is of the build plate after a chtiubox v1.9 test print, notice how there appears to be an echo of the parts in the debris.     this doesn't happen with the same part sliced with the earlier version.

Messages In This Thread
Print quailty following updates - by billtodd - 08-22-2021, 02:36 AM
RE: Print quailty following updates - by billtodd - 08-23-2021, 05:07 AM
RE: Print quailty following updates - by billtodd - 09-01-2021, 04:00 AM
RE: Print quailty following updates - by cliffyk - 09-13-2021, 10:35 PM
RE: Print quailty following updates - by billtodd - 09-19-2021, 12:33 PM