Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Build plate's spring gets stuck after thighening the screws. Doesn't lower properly
Hello,

I have been using my Mars Pro Printer at home for about 9 months with no problems. This is my 4th full clean and re-adjust that I needed to do for it, never had problems before with getting printer base leveled and tightened.

However, today as usual, I have tried setting up simple print after a week of not use. As soon as print base reaches the glass and starts to print - screeching sound and top base trying to break forcefully into the glass. Knowing that, I instantly stop the print job and manually move the print base up. After multiple tries of getting it to "home" position unsuccessfully, I decided to clean everything up and re-level the print base. As soon as I loosen both screws on the head of the base, the spring inside loosens and print base drops down few millimeters into its "long position". I tested that the spring is working properly when fully unscrewed. As soon as I tighten either of the screws, spring gets stuck in which ever position it is in and doesn't have the movement anymore. Either resulting in - once again screech or base being too high at certain points of the print job.

I do not know if having it tighten in short position would actually perform a proper print, which I will test out tonight. I also don't know if anyone else had this problem with the spring, but if you did - please let me know what I can do with my current print base.
I do not own a workshop with tools for professional mechanic solution, and I would prefer to fix this by the end of the week, since my company uses the prints as preview before cutting them on my 5-axis cnc wax cutter.

P.S: I have seen that I could buy a new one off amazon, however it will take more than 2 months to arrive, which is not an option for me.

Messages In This Thread
Build plate's spring gets stuck after thighening the screws. Doesn't lower properly - by BadPotato - 12-08-2021, 12:10 AM