Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Setting Z Offset Not Working Right...
(01-14-2022, 09:18 PM)coaxfun Wrote: So you go to home, raise it to the appropriate height, tighten the screws and that's it?  It just knows that's the new offset?

No, you do not have to raise it at all, no "offset' is needed--when the printer starts a print job it will drop to the absolute physical zero position and then rise for the first layer all by itself...

What you describe "go to home, raise it to the appropriate height, tighten the screws" would cause the platen to be set below the surface of the LCD when the printer first performs its drop to figure out where the physical "zero" limit is...

The alignment procedure is as I listed above:

[Image: PlatenAlignment-00.jpg]

There is NO "raise to appropriate height' on that list...

Why do you feel you need to set a "Z-offset'? Even if necessary the minimum motion available is 0.1 mm, 100 microns = 2 50 micron layers which would likely be too much and create platen adhesion problems...

If you want to tweak Z-axis height then use 2 or 3 layers of paper to perform the initial alignment.

Also, I have found that standard 20 lb. per ream copy paper is only about 0.1 mm thick. the FEP is 0.15 mm so performing the alignment using just a single layer without the vat/FEP in place sets the platen 0.05 mm INTO the FEP. i use a single layer of 24 lb. "parchment" paper which is 0.015 mm same as the FEP....
-cliff knight-
[Image: 816-20120803-wide800.jpg]
paladinmicro.com

Messages In This Thread
RE: Setting Z Offset Not Working Right... - by cliffyk - 01-14-2022, 09:36 PM