Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Issues with new Mars 2 Pro
Hi everyone,

OK so brand new Mars 2 Pro.    Set up & did the test prints OK.   Downloaded a STL, converted to CTB & Printed 3/4's of it.    Had a couple of different models on the same build, one of them look like it fell off.  NO sure if this is related to on problem or not. Mentioning it in case of some weird link.

So the problem I am experiencing is having the Hummming problem going on.  Understand its the Build Plate trying to go down past the 0 level.   Z Axis rod keeps spinning pushing it down.  This happens each time I press the HOME button.   Have tried a few times to reset the 0 level.    Each time I get it right.    Press the SET Z=0 and the message I get is to "Press the HOME button first them Set Zero".  The only option is CONFIRM to get out of this screen.    Pressing the HOME button just pushes the plate down again into the screen.   

Have read in REDDIT about the Wire issue for the sensor that may be detached.  Not checked this yet.  Not sure if I want to open the case in case it voids the Warrantee.
Also read other articles from people who have had the same issue.  Relevelling the Print bed is not the answer as it gets caught in the loop as described above.
Also read some where about putting spacers underneath a plate on the Z axis arm to cover the sensor when it reach's the lowest setting.  Not done this either, not sure why it should be necessary.

Going around in circles.

Any one else seen this issue?   Does it need a Firmware upgrade?  Is there any other way to "Factory Reset" the printer?

Thanks in Advance for any help or suggestions.

Carl

(02-24-2022, 04:57 AM)Carl P Wrote: Hi everyone,
Figured it out.  It was the order of levelling the build plate.  Was doing it with the screws tight.   Now I understand how it works.

Thank all.
Carl

Messages In This Thread
Issues with new Mars 2 Pro - by Carl P - 02-24-2022, 04:57 AM
RE: Issues with new Mars 2 Pro - by Carl P - 02-24-2022, 09:40 PM
RE: Issues with new Mars 2 Pro - by billtodd - 02-25-2022, 02:41 AM
RE: Issues with new Mars 2 Pro - by Carl P - 04-18-2022, 07:16 PM
RE: Issues with new Mars 2 Pro - by billtodd - 04-25-2022, 03:51 AM
RE: Issues with new Mars 2 Pro - by SPfenning - 05-20-2022, 04:01 AM