Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heater?
I just got my mars after I had my previous resin printer stolen, and from experience I knew I needed to heat it.

Luckily I went for a simple - if somewhat inelegant solution.

I used a 12V, 150W Constant Temperature PTC Electric Fan Heater connected to a W2809 W1209WK DC12V Digital LED Thermostat Temperature Controller Module powered by an old PC PSU I had laying around.

I simply made a hole in the top of the acrylic cover for the wires in the rear corner, then stuck the heater to the same corner about half way down using strong double sided tape, I will change that to epoxy now that I have tested it working and the temperature probe near the bottom.

I then attached the thermostat display/control on top of the cover and wired it to power using a PCI Express GPU power extension cable so I can disconnect it easliy from the PSU.

Seems to be running nicely, although if I did it again would go for a 100W heater as at the moment I have to set my desired temperature a couple of degrees below what I actually want as although it cuts power at 25 degrees it takes a while for the heater to cool down and the temp tends to overshoot by a 2 degrees before it cools Smile

Does the job and as I already had a PSU it all came to under £20 to do (I used amazon prime so over paid for the parts).  If you need a PSU a 12V LED PSU is cheap enough and probably a neater option.  I will probably upgrade to one of those once everything settles back down in the world.

Joe

Messages In This Thread
Heater? - by patmat2350 - 11-20-2019, 12:24 PM
RE: Heater? - by Fezguy - 12-26-2019, 09:31 PM
RE: Heater? - by Tiger - 03-23-2020, 12:04 PM
RE: Heater? - by JoeDorson - 03-24-2020, 03:41 PM