Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IPA outperforming Mean Green
(01-13-2020, 09:51 AM)greylock23 Wrote: Interesting.

Mean green may not be as strong of a smell but having to warm it and smell it for 20 minutes .... I'm not sure that is better.

Is an Ultra sonic cleaner necessary?
Or does that just speed it up?

Without one, would you need to use the MG for even longer?

How are you heating it?
I have a hot plate ... but then it's just another thing taking up desk space and eating power.
Is the Ultrasonic Cleaner necessary? No. Before the US Cleaner, I used a tooth brush and spent a lot of time cleaning my prints. I also broke a couple fragile pieces while trying to brush away the resin.

Does it speed it up? I can set it and forget it. So I am doing other things while the prints clean themselves in the cleaner. This is a big time saver for me.

How am I heating? I heat my Mean Green the same way I heat my isopropyl. I boil a pot of water and while there is a rolling boil, I turn off the burner and add the bottle of cleaner. In a few minute the water water heats the cleaner safely.

One last note. The Mean Green works like Dawn dish soap on grease. The resin beads up and is much easier to clean. The whole area I was working would get all sticky with diluted isopropyl/resin, but with the Mean Green all my tool, container and work area are clean!

Messages In This Thread
IPA outperforming Mean Green - by greylock23 - 12-22-2019, 10:37 AM
RE: IPA outperforming Mean Green - by greylock23 - 01-13-2020, 09:51 AM
RE: IPA outperforming Mean Green - by The_Resinator - 01-13-2020, 10:13 AM