• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
First Time Leveling the Build Plate
(10-11-2020, 08:46 AM)cliffyk Wrote: First some illustrations, for clarity:

"Home" button:
[Image: AlignButtons-00.jpg]

"Z=0" button:
[Image: AlignButtons-xx.jpg]

As I have stated in other posts:
  • The mechanical alignment process; I.e. loosening lock screws, pressing the "Home" button, aligning the platen, etc.calibrates an absolute "zero" position determined by the optical limit switch;

• The "Z=0" function sets a logical "zero" position--a "zero" position related only to to the hardware "home" position by its offset from the absolute zero position;

The positions can coincide, and they do if the alignment process is carried out on it's own; however the trolley/platen can only be moved, and stopped at the logical zero position, by the firmware interpreting and acting upon G-Code positioning commands read from a file on the USB drive.

It is vital to understand that pressing the Home button will always send the trolley to the limit switch determined home position. Only G-Code commands will move it to the logical "zero" position, and that only after it has been moved to the hardware limit and then offset as required. 

There is no UI function to move the trolley to the "Z=0" set position.

They are separate and distinct functions/procedures...
Mine doesn't have those icons. My home button is just an outline of a house and my zero button is just again another outline of a house with Set Z=0 under it. And BTW, I just flashed the new code to enable the Z=0 function if it was indeed disabled but it just does the same thing. I see so many people having this same issue that I don't know whether to get a replacement or a refund. I have never had these issue with other brands.

Messages In This Thread
First Time Leveling the Build Plate - by shdwsng - 01-27-2020, 08:15 PM
RE: First Time Leveling the Build Plate - by mrjayd - 10-11-2020, 09:09 AM