Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New printer - not sticking to platform
I got a new Mars yesterday and I'm having a few teething problems.

Print 1: Test rook. Printed the bottom halves, but top halves weren't there (although didn't error). I think problem was sticky gunge on the z-axis thread causing the platform to get stuck as it went higher. I've cleaned and lubricated it, and I think this is now ok.
Print 2: My own print. I got a 'shadow' on the FEP and no actual print, I think because I didn't realise Chitubox didn't automatically add supports when slicing it.
Print 3: My own print. I put on supports, it definitely showed them on the printer screen. Another 'shadow' on the FEP, this time of the raft. There was a faint trace of the raft on the build platform that caught the light when I cleaned it.

So, I'm thinking:
1. Do I need to change the way I'm levelling/calibrating the platform. It looks like the platform was far enough down to at least touch most of the raft, but maybe not enough. How would I do that? I used thin A4 printer paper so couldn't go much thinner.
2. Do I need to change the exposure time on the bottom layer. I just went with the defaults. It's grey resin, if that makes any difference. I used default settings, which are:
Bottom layer count: 8
Exposure time: 6s
Bottom Exposure Time: 50s

Any help would be great - I'd like to avoid another 2 hour failure if possible.

Messages In This Thread
New printer - not sticking to platform - by aidanbz - 03-19-2020, 03:48 AM