Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
25mm fan + active charcoal filter + higher leveling feet
(05-28-2020, 12:00 PM)IllDante Wrote: I have a question, since the fan does not blow - rather, pull air into the system. What would be the purpose of installing a different fan? I toyed with the idea of re-fitting a 120cm fan to pull more air in at a slower speed thus removing a lot of the noise. But, are you actively changing the direction of the airflow? If so, why?

Changing the airflow way is not a good idea. If you do so, you'll need to create/adapt an other fan system to extract the hot air, maybe from the behind of the Mars. Without filtering it, you'll push dusts and other little things in the led system, and hot air will continue to warm the screen. It will be an invasive mod. You can install a 120mm fan with an 80>120 adapter, but the adapter will be under the machine, the fan too, so you'll have to raise more the machine than my mod. The best compromised is the 80x25mm for me. Less noise, better cfm without filter, and substantially equal with the filter.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 25mm fan + active charcoal filter + higher leveling feet - by Greg - 05-28-2020, 12:26 PM