Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Mars Pro Not Printing: Just Buzzing
Hello All,

I just purchased an a mars pro, but I am unable to get it to run. I have read the leveling instructions, and have seen many videos of people performing the task. To my knowledge the machine levels without issue. I found the Rook file on the USB and hit print, however, the build plate lowers and the machine starts to buzz. The build plate does not raise on the Z-axis once it initially lowers and starts buzzing/humming. The progress bar stays at 1%, though the time clock does continue to record progressed time. 

I did find other posts online of people having similar problems, and have already doubled the A4 paper while re-leveling, and even left extra wiggle room on a different attempt. I am becoming frustrated because I do not have enough knowledge with resin printers to know if the problem is with myself, or the printer.

Help is needed. Thank you!

Edit: The z-axis moves as expected in manual mode. It is only while printing that the build plate does not move.

Edit 2: I 'may' have solved the problem. I suspected the Z-axis was trying to print the initial layer on in the negative plane, despite having followed the directions as written. Instead, I folded the paper in half, and when that didnt work, I added a second folded paper (so 4 layers of A4 paper). For good measure, I then left what I felt was 'too much' space, so I could easily slide all the paper in and out. I then set "Z=0" and printed the rook, and wouldnt you l know the damn thing started printing.

I also did a power cycle, including removing it from the brick, and the brick from the wall, though I doubt this did anything. If the print comes out fine, I guess I will add a 3rd edit, just so anyone in the future having the same problem has something to try.

Messages In This Thread
New Mars Pro Not Printing: Just Buzzing - by RabbitMedic - 07-06-2020, 06:10 PM