Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lizard Issue
Hi there y'all.
The wife bought me an Elegoo Mars Pro 2 for christmas and I've been printing stuff off it with some spectacular results.
UNTIL:
I decided to give it a good clean out!

On the exposure plate there was some dried resin. As you would, I picked at it with my fingernail. What I initially thought was a glass plate turned out to be some sort of film which subsequently lifted and came away, taking with it the pic tape surrounding it. I replaced the film with some FEP film and covered the edges in a blackout tape.
Everything I printed after that was rubbish. See picture attached. (I'm not sure whether this will show up or not, I put it in as an attachment)
The two lizards are printed from the same file. The grey one is the latest, the yellow one is an old one that is on its first coat of paint. Before the film replacement I printed seven of these without issue. The later one, although everything is in place with all details, has lines of resin coming off it parallel to the longest side of the plate.

In short, have I knackered the machine up completely or can I get a replacement film and seal from somewhere? If so, where?

Messages In This Thread
Lizard Issue - by markgr - 02-02-2021, 09:14 AM
RE: Lizard Issue - by nhorvath - 04-08-2021, 08:39 AM
RE: Lizard Issue - by cliffyk - 04-08-2021, 12:04 PM