Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dimensions acurate
(03-21-2021, 02:39 PM)Nacho_abad Wrote: I am experiencing the expected precision. But I think I can have more if I understand the origin of the issue. Once you work with any manofactring machine you know you have to work hard against it to have good results. All has its capacities and limitations, but i think i am far from the limitations of this machine. Maybe I can find some correlations and formulas to build a postprocesor between CAD and chitubox. This simply rule you had just sayed, can be easily implemented.
Arrrgh Chtibox just crashed and wiped out my reply... once more with feeling:

I find I have to treat the process like casting, allowing for and compensating where possible for shrinkage and warping.

I have seen, but not tried, suggestions such as heating the whole build to 30+ 'C to reduce the heat induced shrinkage, however , there is also some shrinkage from polymerisation , so it remains necessary to adjust the model.

There is a beta Tolerance compensation option in ChituBox but I've not found this useful (OK it's crap - it distorts small objects)

The standard scaling option works OK for some things , but most of the time a tweak of the model post print in necessary.

I now tend to use designed-in supports where I think the model will distort and add sacrificial material on hanging edges to avoid rough finishes .

Ultimately, it may be necessary to add machining tolerances so the part can be milled/ground to size.

Attached is a printed extruder  including the stepper motor housing , to get a reliable fit I had to machine the stator mating surfaces and bearing fits , but after three iterations it is still working

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Messages In This Thread
Dimensions acurate - by Nacho_abad - 03-21-2021, 08:20 AM
RE: Dimensions acurate - by cliffyk - 03-21-2021, 01:00 PM
RE: Dimensions acurate - by Nacho_abad - 03-21-2021, 01:33 PM
RE: Dimensions acurate - by cliffyk - 03-21-2021, 02:24 PM
RE: Dimensions acurate - by Nacho_abad - 03-21-2021, 02:39 PM
RE: Dimensions acurate - by nighteagle - 04-13-2021, 09:45 AM
RE: Dimensions acurate - by billtodd - 01-11-2022, 09:38 AM
RE: Dimensions acurate - by cliffyk - 03-21-2021, 04:46 PM
RE: Dimensions acurate - by cliffyk - 04-13-2021, 12:56 PM
RE: Dimensions acurate - by essorrac - 01-10-2022, 05:47 AM