Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can't raise build platform
So I cannot get my build platform to raise. It rose all the way up and actually took the orange shield off for a second and then came back down. Since then I have not been able to properly get it to go back up via the touch screen and manual raising it. Any thoughts?

Thanks
sorry, only for my understanding: you lift of the shield with the moving z-axis?
the build plate moved all the way up and lifted the shield a bit only to come all the way back down to the bottom. Machine did this on its own after reboot. I then could only move it up manually via the LCD screen a few times before it would move back down on its own. Now it will not move at all. I suspect its a bad motor but not sure if that is even replaceable or not.
i never had this behavior after boot.

stepper motor replaceable, but is a special one from Elegoo,
and worst case the stepper-driver on the mainboard is "grilled".
this can not be removed (SMD soldered), so you need a new mainboard - also only available from Elegoo.
i had the same issue. I think my table produces a vacuum versus the floor . I can lift it up by hand after ubscrewibg it only with manual force/ angulating the table. Does anyone has a solution for that ?
I've emailed elegoo to find out about replacement parts. I haven't found anywhere online you can get replacement motors etc. Thank you for the replies!