Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Guide to regreasing / avoiding the grinding noise
My Mars occasionally did the "GRRRENENNNE" noise but now, after almost a month of idle, does it fairly consistently. I assume this is because the grease has dried out / whatever grease does.

Is there a handy guide anywhere to how to regrease the screw / anything else to get everything moving lovely and smoothly again? YouTube is surprisingly lacking in actual help - lots of people saying "I regreased mine" but nothing about *how* to go about this (what grease, what do you need to undo, etc. Numpty level, if you like.)
i use "Lithium PTFE Lubricant" for my 3D-FDM-printers
(01-16-2020, 08:40 AM)fromFDMtoSLA Wrote: i use "Lithium PTFE Lubricant" for my 3D-FDM-printers
But where do you put it and how? Some of us do need it spelled out for us, sorry!
i clean the whole z-axis with an old toothbrush and a paper towel and put the new lubricant with my fingers on it (but not to much and take care, that the lubricant is NOT running down into the z-motor)
(02-24-2020, 10:24 PM)fromFDMtoSLA Wrote: i clean the whole z-axis with an old toothbrush and a paper towel and put the new lubricant with my fingers on it (but not to much and take care, that the lubricant is NOT running down into the z-motor)
any questions about my post?
I tried to say Thankyou but the message appears to be blank! Sorry to confuse I am a novice with these forum things. Very grateful for the advice
This is the video I watched which helped me figure out how to do it properly. Used some lithium grease and a grease gun from Toolstation along with some WD40 Anti Friction PTFE spray from, uh, probably Toolstation?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYiV46QjkVw
(04-09-2020, 04:04 AM)zimpenfish Wrote: This is the video I watched which helped me figure out how to do it properly. Used some lithium grease and a grease gun from Toolstation along with some WD40 Anti Friction PTFE spray from, uh, probably Toolstation?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYiV46QjkVw
thankyou. this was very useful.
Good Afternoon All,

I had some issues with the Z axis jamming when repeatedly printing the same items.

Now before starting a print, I run the platen down to the FEP layer, then back to the top(up x 15 x 10mm).

This appears to spread the lubrication and also detects most Z axis issues BEFORE the printing begins.

Happy Printing,

Bruce