Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
.chitubox -vs- .cbddlp files - can't print...
Greetings all;

I just unboxed my Elegoo Mars yesterday, and installed the included Chitubox slicer software (Windows 10).  The Chitubox software (v1.5.0) - as far as I can tell - only exports 3D files with the .chitubox file extension.  The printer itself, however, only recognizes .cbddlp files.  This thus far has resulted in being only able to print the included rook model - I can't print any of my own sliced models, etc.

I "think" the solution is to download, install, and use the latest version of the Chitubox slicer software (v.1.6.3), but I can't do that because first I have to register on the Chitubox website, and I can't do that because their website's Captcha is inoperable, so Chitubox currently requires an email to be sent to be manually registered and enable downloads of newer Chitubox software.  I haven't heard back from them yet (it's the weekend and I also think this is New Year's Day in China, where Chitubox is located).

In the meantime as I wait, is there any other solution that anybody here can propose, please?  Knowing me, I've probably overlooked something...  I'm brand-new to 3D printing, but this project is both for me and for my employer, so I would really like to have some printed results to bring to my supervisor by Monday.

Many many humble thanks in advance;
Earl, the 3D Tinkerer
i get the *.chitubox file extension when i save the model as a "Chitubox-project" - after hitting the "slice" and "save" button i always get a file with the *.cbddlp extension
(i am on Ver. 1.6.3)
(01-25-2020, 05:39 PM)fromFDMtoSLA Wrote: i get the *.chitubox file extension when i save the model as a "Chitubox-project" - after hitting the "slice" and "save" button i always get a file with the *.cbddlp extension
(i am on Ver. 1.6.3)
THANK YOU!!!  That solved the problem; just as I figured - I'd overlooked something...   Confused

Again, truly, thank you very very much.   Smile
happy printing ;-)
ChiTuBox 1.5 has VERY bad auto supports. You can basically count on it leaving out some supports, without which the print will 100% surely (partially) fail.

Sure, you CAN use it, but keep this in mind, and look for obvious places, that will need support, but have none. Of course I'd recommend software update.
Greetings all;

Things are much better now - I upgraded to 1.6.3 and problem solved.  Also, I've learned a lot about doing better supports for my models.

The only problem I have now are flipped normals on some models, shown as dark blue in Chitubox.  I'm hoping Meshmixer or Microsoft's STL fixer will solve that problem.

Thanks again to all for the great help!   Smile
I just got my Mars Pro, made the two rooks perfectly (I'm totally amazed at the details of the lettering on top!) and then I made a model on the latest Chitubox software. I saved the cbddlp file to the USB, but my Pro doesn't see it on the USB stick. Only the Rook files show up. What to do?

(02-08-2020, 07:47 PM)Larryeda Wrote: I just got my Mars Pro, made the two rooks perfectly (I'm totally amazed at the details of the lettering on top!) and then I made a model on the latest Chitubox software. I saved the cbddlp file to the USB, but my Pro doesn't see it on the USB stick. Only the Rook files show up. What to do?
Oops! I just found it! I kept hitting the up and down arrows, expecting to find the file. Finally I looked closer and saw a little arrow in the top left rook box pointing left...and there it was! Wow.
(01-25-2020, 05:39 PM)fromFDMtoSLA Wrote: i get the *.chitubox file extension when i save the model as a "Chitubox-project" - after hitting the "slice" and "save" button i always get a file with the *.cbddlp extension
(i am on Ver. 1.6.3)
Thank you so much for this info, helped me out big time.
(i am on Ver. 1.6.3)
THANK YOU SO MUCH!