Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Mars Pro prints won't stick to bed.
I have a new Mars Pro printer.
I can’t get any print to stick to the printing plate, resulting in just 2 disks at the bottom of the tray.

Here’s a few notes.

- I’m using Anycubic Black Resin.
- I’ve tried their recommended settings.
- I’ve aligned the printing plate after each attempt.
- I removed the plastic from the printing plate.
- I have tried different exposure settings for the bottom layer from 55-100sec.
- I’ve tried using the black resin settings from the Mars printer
- I’m shaking the resin before each attempt.
- I’m attempting to print the Rook Test print on the included USB stick
- I think I’m on attempt 12.

Any advice?
(09-07-2021, 05:54 PM)cidion Wrote: I have a new Mars Pro printer.
I can’t get any print to stick to the printing plate, resulting in just 2 disks at the bottom of the tray.

Here’s a few notes.

- I’m using Anycubic Black Resin.
- I’ve tried their recommended settings.
- I’ve aligned the printing plate after each attempt.
- I removed the plastic from the printing plate.
- I have tried different exposure settings for the bottom layer from 55-100sec.
- I’ve tried using the black resin settings from the Mars printer
- I’m shaking the resin before each attempt.
- I’m attempting to print the Rook Test print on the included USB stick
- I think I’m on attempt 12.

Any advice?

Same problem here (although I confess I went looking for forum tips and found this thread before I went through all the steps OP tried). Followed the instructions in the provided setup booklet and end up with two disks stuck to the bottom of the resin tank (using grey water washable resin).

Google leads me to comments about making sure my settings are adjusted for the relevant type of resin used, from a spreadsheet apparently buried somewhere on the Elegoo site, which is very disappointing since this isn't referenced in the booklet until well after we're told to print the test rooks

I'm guessing this is the "model doesn't stick to the build platform" issue from the booklet FAQ, but "bottom layer exposure time  is too short, please set the exposure time longer"? How much longer? 10% longer? 50%? double? 

I expected a learning curve when I start throwing various personal choice prints, but for the out-of-the-box test print? Not so much.

Hoping someone smarter helps us out.
Black (opaque) resins require and extra second or so exposure time compared to clear types.

Clean the plate with dish detergent and water , until clean water wets the surface and does not bead up.

Most likely though is temperature. Make sure everything is 20'C or more . Try warming the build plate ( not too hot to tough but almost) just before printing .