Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mars 3d Rock. Ctl help
I've got the new mars 3 printer and trying to print the testfile( rock.ctl).

this is the 3. print with the same error. the first layers(30) are thicking well to the buildplate but then the rest will be sticking to the resintank.

I'm printing with makerjuice orange. Don't know it the resin need other settings then the presliced file on the usbstick.

did anyone managed to print it  "out of the box."
(09-15-2021, 06:35 AM)schneck007 Wrote: I've got the new mars 3 printer and trying to print the testfile( rock.ctl).

this is the 3. print with the same error. the first layers(30) are thicking well to the buildplate but then the rest will be sticking to the resintank.

I'm printing with makerjuice orange. Don't know it the resin need other settings then the presliced file on the usbstick.

did anyone managed to print it  "out of the box."
Hi ,

I've printed the rook OK on my saturn using anycubic basic resin .

If it is failing after the initial layers , it suggests you may need to increase the exposure time for the main layers (the base layers are printed with a long exposure to stick them to the build plate) . Dark and heavily pigmented resins often require extra exposure

You can adjust the print settings from the touch screen  - try adding an extra second to the time (e.g. 2.5s >> 3.5s)

Bill
I change the setting to bottom 80, normal 20.( with works great with my dlp‘s)

Even with this setting the curing on Mars 3 is not working. Maybe the resin ist not suitable for mars3.

I buied the standard resin clear from elegoo with works great,but this resin is smelling to hell. Are there any suitable resin which not smelling so badly.( even my makerjuice smells nicer.)
(09-18-2021, 11:56 AM)schneck007 Wrote: I change the setting to bottom 80, normal 20.( with works great with my dlp‘s)

Even with this setting the curing on Mars 3 is not working. Maybe the resin ist not suitable for mars3.

I buied the standard resin clear from elegoo with works great,but this resin is smelling to hell. Are there any suitable resin which not smelling so badly.( even my makerjuice smells nicer.)
I've not had much experience with different resins  perhaps the water washable ones may be  less odorous.

Might be better to ensure good ventilation so as to not smell the resin at all :-)