Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
HELP!!
I just bought the Elegoo Mars 2, two days ago. Printed the rook and had 1 other successful print. Cleaning the vat with IPA between each print. i did have FEP sticking issues but started applying PTFE oil to FEP which fixed that problem.
Now every time i print, there is a thin layer of cured resin mess on almost the entire bottom of the vat ruining the print.
I have been using paper towels to wipe the FEP, might I have scratched the FEP to cause light bleed?

Please help.
(09-26-2021, 07:35 PM)SteveB Wrote: I just bought the Elegoo Mars 2, two days ago. Printed the rook and had 1 other successful print. Cleaning the vat with IPA between each print. i did have FEP sticking issues but started applying PTFE oil to FEP which fixed that problem.
Now every time i print, there is a thin layer of cured resin mess on almost the entire bottom of the vat ruining the print.
I have been using paper towels to wipe the FEP, might I have scratched the FEP to cause light bleed?

Please help.

Hi SteveB,

I'm also just getting started with my Mars 2 Pro, and had the same issue. For me, lowering the layer time helped dramatically both with FEP sticking and the chunks of resin floating in the tank after a print. I also slowed down the "lift speed" after each layer, which seemed to help as well.

Good luck!