Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New to resin, gifted a non-functioning Mars C
Hello everyone!  I am new to resin printing, and have been doing FDM for a couple years now.  I was given a Mars C the other day that doesn't work.  Supposedly it never worked out of the box, and had the motherboard replaced (there is a second board in the "toolbox" that came with it).  I set it up this morning and turned it on, and the fan turned on.  Nothing else happened.  The touchscreen doesn't light or seem to react.  I looked for some troubleshooting tips or disassembly videos, but this machine seems to be a ghost.  It doesn't disassemble like a regular Mars.  The videos I saw have screws on the sides of the base, and separate to the front and back.  This model has a snap on cover on the left side revealing the motherboard, but no easy access to the touchscreen.  I think I need to remove the entire top plate to get at it, but I haven't had time to try that yet.  I think it's less than a year old.  Does anyone have any suggestions before I start tearing it apart?  Is it even worth spending time on this?

Being new to resin, I'm not sure what should happen when I turn it on.  Am I right in assuming the touchscreen should light up?  This is the link to what I have.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07K33DCNW/?co..._lig_dp_it