Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prints only just started sticking to FEP sheet?
Hey,

I have been using my Elegoo Mars 2 Pro fine and have been able to get successful prints from my machine but the last couple of prints I started to notice a very weird sticking noise every time the build plate rose between each layer as if the print was pulling up the FEP sheet on every layer and releasing it. This did cause a puncture on my last print which ended up resin seeping through on to my screen and getting cured, nightmare! 

After having a mini tantrum and a lot of cursive words, I cleaned up the mess as best as possible, although the hidden screen protector did need peeling off and is now replaced. I also had to order a new gasket seal that originally goes around the screen to stop any resin seeping down inside the machine. Now, I'm not entirely sure what has caused this to happen in the first place but like I said, my prints where coming out fine. It has only been as time has gone on I started hearing the sticking sound, which makes me think it is down to the FEP sheet getting worn and maybe because I used IPA to clean out the VAT when I needed too, which has taken away some of the properties that was in the FEP in order to prevent it sticking to my prints? I have heard that your not suppose to clean FEP sheets with IPA, but I've also seen that IPA is okay to use on your FEP sheets? From now on, I will not be using IPA on my FEP just to rule that out going forward. 

Has anyone else experienced anything like this before and also do you use IPA on your FEP or not? Be interesting to hear people's opinions on this actually  

Settings:
Layer Height: 0.050                                  
Bottom Layer count: 5
Exposure Time: 8's
Bottom Exposure Time: 60's
Rest time before lift: 1.00's
Rest time after lift: 1.00's
Rest time after retract: 0.500's
Bottom Lift speed: 60.00
Lifting speed: 80.00
Bottom retract speed: 160.00
Retract speed: 160.00