Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wave Pattern/Layer Misalignment in Print Surface: Mars 2 Pro
Wavy Layer Misalignments have started to appear in my prints, beginning 1 inch from the build plate and getting progressively worse. I printed a tall uniform x-section part to try and figure out what's happening, and the result is the first picture. This problem seems agnostic of resin type/print settings, but I'm using Siraya tech Clear V2 resin with a heated chamber that maintains ~29 degrees fairly stable. 

I've checked the machine all over, greased the linear rail and leadscrew, made sure it was square and properly constrained, and I can find nothing wrong with the machine motion. In the next picture you can see I did three prints total, the second one (B) was set up exactly the same as the first, and interestingly enough the waves were inverted. The third print © was printed on the left side of the build plate to test if the problem was caused by compliance in the build plate/FEP oversticking. I also thoroughly cleaned the FEP, applied a small amount of PTFE spray, and re-leveled the plate. The result was several print artefacts and a much higher frequency distortion pattern than before.

Any ideas what the cause could be? My only guess now is something to do with the FEP, but I've tried 2 brand new resin vats, both with the factory FEP still in, so the tension is A-ok. Or perhaps over-sticking, but I've tried a range of cure times from 1.9 to 2.5 and it always results in the waves, without the print ever completely failing.

Thank you so much for any suggestions/help that can be provided!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)