Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Elgoo Saturn Build Plate Issues
Photo 
Hi all,

Just got my Elgoo Saturn yesterday. I followed all the instructions everything was leveled correctly, every time I print the build plate starts to slowly tilt to the right even though the screws are tight. Nothing i do fixes the problem I guess the screws are faulty, asked Amazon for a replacement unit but as I got it on sale they only want to give me a refund.

Pretty disappointed
(11-28-2021, 06:10 PM)Ian rose Wrote: Hi all,

Just got my Elgoo Saturn yesterday. I followed all the instructions everything was leveled correctly, every time I print the build plate starts to slowly tilt to the right even though the screws are tight. Nothing i do fixes the problem I guess the screws are faulty, asked Amazon for a replacement unit but as I got it on sale they only want to give me a refund.

Pretty disappointed
That seems odd! The screws are 8mm Hex cap screws of reasonable quality , and frankly , even the nastiest M8 bolt will hold a build plate still.

Remove the screw completely and check the end to see if there is a burr (sharp edge) that might be there preventing the screw tightening properly . The end doesn't have to be completely flat (it will be slightly concave due to the way the thread is rolled onto the screw) but should not have any 'pointy' bit (see picture)  - if it does use a file , sanding pad , or a stone to level it out a bit .

The screws should tighten to a firm stop , not 'squishy' as if there is something soft in the way.

Use the short end of the key in the screw and the long section as the lever , tighten the front one first then the side

Lift the plate clear of the LCD using the 'up'  button several  and tighten again while holding the top (knob) section of the build plate assembly (give it a good 'arm-full'  - measured torque to be 8-10lbft)  

Bill

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)