Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Build plate's spring gets stuck after thighening the screws. Doesn't lower properly
Hello,

I have been using my Mars Pro Printer at home for about 9 months with no problems. This is my 4th full clean and re-adjust that I needed to do for it, never had problems before with getting printer base leveled and tightened.

However, today as usual, I have tried setting up simple print after a week of not use. As soon as print base reaches the glass and starts to print - screeching sound and top base trying to break forcefully into the glass. Knowing that, I instantly stop the print job and manually move the print base up. After multiple tries of getting it to "home" position unsuccessfully, I decided to clean everything up and re-level the print base. As soon as I loosen both screws on the head of the base, the spring inside loosens and print base drops down few millimeters into its "long position". I tested that the spring is working properly when fully unscrewed. As soon as I tighten either of the screws, spring gets stuck in which ever position it is in and doesn't have the movement anymore. Either resulting in - once again screech or base being too high at certain points of the print job.

I do not know if having it tighten in short position would actually perform a proper print, which I will test out tonight. I also don't know if anyone else had this problem with the spring, but if you did - please let me know what I can do with my current print base.
I do not own a workshop with tools for professional mechanic solution, and I would prefer to fix this by the end of the week, since my company uses the prints as preview before cutting them on my 5-axis cnc wax cutter.

P.S: I have seen that I could buy a new one off amazon, however it will take more than 2 months to arrive, which is not an option for me.
Hi there did you manage to solve the problem? Im now getting the same thing almost.

mine will let me level the bed etc but as soom as i try to do a print as the plate gets to the bottom of the tank its starts screeching at me and its stuck wont move up and down inside the joint like it shold befor it starts printing. Ive looked all over the internet with no results apart from your post.

Best wishes
Steve ;-)
(12-08-2021, 12:10 AM)BadPotato Wrote: I just had the same issue happen yesterday to my Mars 3 Pro had it for a few months and never an issue well after doing a print yesterday ran into the same problem tried releveling.  I even went as far as swapping out the vat and the build plate with new ones and still had the same issue i had to loosen the screws as well to get it to do a test print.  I am may compress the build plate to see if this will work and if I get the same issues
Did you find the cause? Mine appears to be the metal collar that surrounds the spring is stuck to the inside of the head.
I can't budge it and I don't know how to.