Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GRINDING ON MY SATURN AFTER INSTALLING FLEXPLATE
I JUST INSTALLED A FLEXPLATE ON MY SATURN AND WHEN THE FIRST LAYER CAME DOWN IT BUZZED ..I'VE PUT FLEXPLATES ON MY OTHER PRINTERS AND NEVER HAD THIS.  i PUT THE SPACER ON IT AND WAS WONDERING IF THE SPACER WASN'T NEEDED .....  OR SHOULD I JUST RELEVEL IT.  ?
(12-20-2021, 07:25 PM)Emmaslone Wrote: I JUST INSTALLED A FLEXPLATE ON MY SATURN AND WHEN THE FIRST LAYER CAME DOWN IT BUZZED ..I'VE PUT FLEXPLATES ON MY OTHER PRINTERS AND NEVER HAD THIS.  i PUT THE SPACER ON IT AND WAS WONDERING IF THE SPACER WASN'T NEEDED .....  OR SHOULD I JUST RELEVEL IT.  ?
I installed a flex plate on my Mars 2 pro and had the same thing happen, on mine it was the small Handel on the plate that was catching on the inside of the Resin tank, I just ground one mm off the plate handle.
(12-20-2021, 07:25 PM)Emmaslone Wrote: I JUST INSTALLED A FLEXPLATE ON MY SATURN AND WHEN THE FIRST LAYER CAME DOWN IT BUZZED ..I'VE PUT FLEXPLATES ON MY OTHER PRINTERS AND NEVER HAD THIS.  i PUT THE SPACER ON IT AND WAS WONDERING IF THE SPACER WASN'T NEEDED .....  OR SHOULD I JUST RELEVEL IT.  ?
Did you level it right after installing the flex plate and before starting a print? You need to!
When you release the bed screws to level it, you'll notice that the bed will swivel not only left/right/forward /back but also up/down. That's on the Z axis. If you watch the bed as it's homing you'll see it touch down and stop but the housing (where the screws are, don't know it's official name) continues down then up again. This action allows you to install a flex plate without having to install washers or Z-axis adjusters like with the Mars series printers. They had no no Z movement, or so I've read on other sites.

On a different note, please try not to use All Caps when posting.