Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi from a new Mars 3 owner in the uk
Hi. I recently got a Mars 3 after procrastinating for a year or more about getting a printer. I have a friend with one (a Mars 2, he also has an Ender 3 FDM printer), but he doesn't live that close by and I felt bad about constantly badgering him to print stuff for me.

I don't really have anywhere suitable in the house so I am set up in the garage. It can get quite cold in there this time of year, so I have an enclosure with heater controlled by a thermostat to provide a thermostatic environment without having to heat the whole garage. Its working pretty well, I've had some great prints so far. I'm a mini painter and wargamer so I'm mostly printing miniatures - bought in to a few of the monthly subscriptions, and barring the odd failure, its kind of easy mode. Load up some presupported models, slice and print. I have been really impressed with the quality - despite the evidence of many youtube videos, I was sure you would be able to see layer lines, but you really can't. The figures are indistinguishable from the metal and plastic models I'd previously been painting.

I have an Instagram account with the same user name if you want to see what I've painted.