Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Printing issues
I am new to the Mars Pro and am having issues saving files to a format the Mars Pro will recognize. I went into settings and changed the machine to the Mars Pro first (I am using Chitubox). I import an stl file, modify and slice it and then save it as a .ctb file (the only extension option offered) but the printer won't recognize the file type.

What am I doing wrong??

Thanks!
(12-31-2021, 06:28 AM)Ront Wrote: I am new to the Mars Pro and am having issues saving files to a format the Mars Pro will recognize. I went into settings and changed the machine to the Mars Pro first (I am using Chitubox). I import an stl file, modify and slice it and then save it as a .ctb file (the only extension option offered) but the printer won't recognize the file type.

What am I doing wrong??

Thanks

The latest versions of firmware require ChituBox v1.9.0 or later
(01-02-2022, 01:09 PM)billtodd Wrote:
(12-31-2021, 06:28 AM)Ront Wrote: I am new to the Mars Pro and am having issues saving files to a format the Mars Pro will recognize. I went into settings and changed the machine to the Mars Pro first (I am using Chitubox). I import an stl file, modify and slice it and then save it as a .ctb file (the only extension option offered) but the printer won't recognize the file type.

What am I doing wrong??

Thanks

The latest versions of firmware require ChituBox v1.9.0 or later

I am using that....just any .ctb file from it isn't working
Have you updated the printer firmware? You must have or better for it to recognize the new .ctb file compression algorithm used in CB v1.9.0.

Press the "System" button on the printer's main menu to check the firmware version...
-cliff knight-
[Image: 816-20120803-wide800.jpg]
paladinmicro.com
(01-03-2022, 01:13 AM)cliffyk Wrote: Have you updated the printer firmware? You must have or better for it to recognize the new .ctb file compression algorithm used in CB v1.9.0.

Press the "System" button on the printer's main menu to check the firmware version...
I got this email from elegoo. No idea why this should need to happen out of the box and not sure what they mean when they say print 4 files - no idea what that means?

Dear customer
I am sorry to reply late.
Yes,The printer can only read "ctb" format so I guess you need to update your machine.
Copy the attached file to the root directory of the U disk, then restart the printer, the machine will automatically update the “SH4 ”file, and then you need to  print the remaining 4 files
Best Regards

(01-04-2022, 08:25 AM)Ront Wrote:
(01-03-2022, 01:13 AM)cliffyk Wrote: Have you updated the printer firmware? You must have or better for it to recognize the new .ctb file compression algorithm used in CB v1.9.0.

Quote:I got this email from elegoo. No idea why this should need to happen out of the box and not sure what they mean when they say print 4 files - no idea what that means?

Dear customer
Yes,The printer can only read "ctb" format so I guess you need to update your machine.
Copy the attached file to the root directory of the U disk, then restart the printer, the machine will automatically update the “SH4 ”file, and then you need to  print the remaining 4 files
Best Regards

You print them just as you would a .ctb file. Select each file using the "Print" menu and touch screen, then press the right arrow button () to "print" each file--the printer will recognize them as firmware updates and act accordingly...

-cliff knight-
[Image: 816-20120803-wide800.jpg]
paladinmicro.com
(01-04-2022, 08:25 AM)Ront Wrote:

I got this email from elegoo. No idea why this should need to happen out of the box and not sure what they mean when they say print 4 files - no idea what that means?

Dear customer
Best Regards