Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MARS 3 Firmware update question.
I downloaded the new firmware for Mars 3, but I'm not sure what files I should exactly copy and past onto my thumbdrive.
This is from the Elegoo Mars 3 firmware download page:

[Image: mars3FWupdate-.jpg]
-cliff knight-
[Image: 816-20120803-wide800.jpg]
paladinmicro.com
Those instructions are not adequate. I have heard of many people having issues after attempting a firmware upgrade.

"Print the remaining files to be upgraded on the printer in the following order: .RBF > .txt" makes no sense. Is that ">" supposed to be a comma? Is it telling us to print the RBF file, then the TXT file? Or are we printing the RBF file *TO* TXT? And what about the .BIN file? If we restart the machine after updating the LCD but before we update the other files, won't it try to do the LCD update again?

Can someone please post STEP-BY-STEP upgrade instructions?
(03-24-2022, 08:17 PM)madmartian Wrote: Those instructions are not adequate. I have heard of many people having issues after attempting a firmware upgrade.

"Print the remaining files to be upgraded on the printer in the following order: .RBF > .txt" makes no sense. Is that ">" supposed to be a comma? Is it telling us to print the RBF file, then the TXT file? Or are we printing the RBF file *TO* TXT? And what about the .BIN file? If we restart the machine after updating the LCD but before we update the other files, won't it try to do the LCD update again?

Can someone please post STEP-BY-STEP upgrade instructions?

Hi! I was just going through the same dilemma as you. What resolved this for me was putting the .LCD file on the root of the USB drive (i.e. E:\*.LCD), along with the .RBF file, and overwriting the .txt file on the USB drive with the one in the firmware extracted folder. 

Then, I put the USB drive into the printer (the printer is off at this point), I turn the printer on, I heard a couple really loud beeps, and then I go to "Print", select the .RBF file, select the play button, let it run, then do the same with the .txt file. So....

STEPS:
1) Place .LCD, .RBF, and .txt files all on the root of the USB drive (i.e. E:\...)
2) Plug-in USB drive into printer
3) Turn printer on
4) You should hear some beeps...
5) Go to "Print" and run the .RBF and the .txt files (in that order) as you would a normal print file

I hope this is helpful to you, and anyone else who runs into this!