Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Touch problem on Saturn S
Hey
So i got my Elegoo Saturn S today. Everything set up just fine (Did not yet try to print)
I wanted to perform a touch calibration of the screen on the front. I followed all the steps, pointed at all the plus signs and such. At the end i was asked if i wanted to save the settings. I pressed yes and a loud beep was heard.
Now, the screen reacognices my presses as in when i press a button it blackens out as if to simulate a physical buttonpress. But nothing happens.
I can press all buttons, just not open any page.

I tried restarting the unit several times. I tried all the basics, hold down one button for x time etc etc etc.
I opened the hatch to look for the "reset" button a member said he used when having a similar issue. None such could be found so i assume he did not have a saturn s.

Firmware is updated, i updated the LCD and everything i got in the firmware download package.
That was hours before i calibrated the screen and everything worked fins at first.
Calibrating the screen messed it up for me.

Anyone had this issue? Anyone got any tips?

Thor
The same exact thing just happened to me.  I'll be emailing support I suppose.  I'll post a reply if they are able to resolve the issue.

Geoff
Support responded requesting a video of the screen as described.

Geoff
(02-25-2022, 03:54 AM)GeoffP Wrote: Support responded requesting a video of the screen as described. 

Geoff
I am having the same issue and tried to contact Elegoo.

Did you ever hear back from Elegoo with a solution?
Hey Guys
Sorry for late reply, the notifications were stuck in spambox.

I did get a recommendation from Elegoo support.... But i fear it might have been a mistake of me to use the phrase Calibrate the touchscreen, as there seems to have been a misunderstanding.

"Hello There ,

Sorry for our late response .
Leveling error ,please be patient to watch the video for leveling. If the steps are wrong, the z-axis will go all the way down and get stuck or model not stick to the build plate.
leveling video :https://youtu.be/tiHu3o72NDw

1: Loosen the two screws of the build plate first, then click home and wait for the z axis to stop completely, need to add a piece of A4 paper on the surface of the LCD .
2:Be careful not to do any extra action here, please directly tighten the two screws of the z axis .
3:Then raise the z axis by about 0.2mm .(Here can be appropriately added or subtracted according to the bottom adhesion)
4:At this time, set z=0, note that when z=0 is set, the machine will freeze for about 2 s , please do not repeat the quick operation, it is very likely that the setting will fail, if there is no pop-up window after two seconds, please click again. A window will finally pop up, it means finished .

Kind Regards
"

Please note that they replied and that they are in fact trying to help out.

The seller has started helping me, and it seems they might want me to exchange the machine for a new one.
I purchased this from www.3djake.se (They send everywhere, located in austria i believe.)
3djake has been exceptionally helpful.
I went back and forth with Elegoo Support several times over 3-4 business days. They finally acknowledged I had an actual problem with the touch screen and they mailed me a touch screen from China. Here's hoping the touch screen settings are stored in the screen and not in the main board, or this will be an exercise in futility. I'm not expecting the screen to arrive for another 10+ days. Maybe I should've checked into exchanging my printer for a new one instead of waiting - we'll see I guess!
Hi guys
So i got a responce from Elegoo support, they sent me some autostart files to put on my USB and i did, now everything works as normal.
Big thanks to Elegoo for this quick easy solution.

(Open this link for a videofile of my specific issue)
https://youtu.be/huF8qli2DRE
(03-10-2022, 10:45 AM)cfyra Wrote: Hi guys
So i got a responce from Elegoo support, they sent me some autostart files to put on my USB and i did, now everything works as normal.
Big thanks to Elegoo for this quick easy solution.

(Open this link for a videofile of my specific issue)
https://youtu.be/huF8qli2DRE

@cfrya mind posting or DM'n those files? I am encountering the exact same issue as you right now.
I'm glad you got resolution. My printer is still broken. They sent me a new screen that got broken in transit. Not that it matters because as I suspected, the touch screen settings aren't stored in the screen. They're stored in the main board. I've got my printer torn all apart waiting on a reply from Elegoo. I don't suppose you'd be willing to share the files on Google Drive or by other means? I'd love to get my printer working.
Hi,
Have the same problem after recalibrating the touch screen.

Elegoo support does not respond, I try to reflash the firmware but not work I think my firmware is new than what is published on the support site(I just got the printer from amazon).

Does anyone have a solution?

Thanks,
Itzik