Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need Hive Mind Troubleshootin Help!
Hello all,

I am looking for hive mind like support with an issue I am having with Elegoo Mars, not a pro, nor a C. I have verified that my machine has a version C motherboard. This printer has performed beautifully since I received it. I have literally opened the box, started printing and not had reoccurring issues for about 2 years now. Once I updated my firmware, I started having issues. 

I have made no changes to my chitubox or lychee settings. I have verified that I am using the latest version of each slicer and that I have the correct printer selected in the settings.

I have also used a combination of known working files and new files both with pre-supports and self-generated supports.

The troubleshooting methods I have already taken are as follows:

1. I updated my firmware to the latest version V4.4.3_c1_LCDF_1440_2560_F2.13 I have done this step 3 times.

2. I have verified that the table my printer is sitting on, the machine itself, and the print plate are level with multiple physical levels. I have placed the A4 paper under the platform and verified that there is resistance but not enough to make removing the paper difficult.

3. I have replaced my FEP plate multiple times with the suggested 80x70x5mm “sponge” for accurate FEP tension.

4. I have used the same Elegoo Standard Photopolymer Resin (White) Brand for about 2 years now and have never had an issue with it. I have 3 different bottles with three different expiration dates and have tested with all 3 getting the same results. I have verified that my resin settings in chitubox and lychee match what Elegoo suggests.

I am having the following issue: if I print any model that has supports associated with it, it fails. Some of the platforms/rafts print and some do not. Some of the supports print and some do not. The ones that print feel squishy/flimsy. But all the models fail.

Now here is the interesting thing, if I print multiple models with no supports, at various scales, and various locations on the print plate, with the same settings, the same printer, all the same things listed above, they print successfully. This only seems to happen when I print something that has supports.

Has anyone run into this issue or have any ideas? I would greatly appreciate the help. I will drop some screenshots of my chitubox settings and so print failures for visuals. I’m all out of ideas and again welcome any help, thank you.