Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unknown File Format
I hope someone can help.  I've been using a Mars 3 trouble free but have hit a problem today.  When I try to print ctb or cbddlb files I get an Unknown File Format message.  Older files, saved in the same way, are still okay.  Any ideas?
(05-02-2022, 09:42 AM)Red3 Wrote: I hope someone can help.  I've been using a Mars 3 trouble free but have hit a problem today.  When I try to print ctb or cbddlb files I get an Unknown File Format message.  Older files, saved in the same way, are still okay.  Any ideas?

Try this:

1. Use a short name for a .ctb file

2. Sometimes helps reload slicer, open file and save .ctb again, under different name.

3. Do not rewrite .ctb file ( my tip )

4. Watch if .ctb file is saved correctly
I purchased a Mars 3 Pro b4 Xmas 2022 and just got it out of the box today. I have sucessfully printed rooks, did not realize that H2O = 91% alcohol clearly a language issue with that translation. OUT of the box and downloading software required update to latest version of chitubox, that is current. Tried Red3 instructions above, machine still does not recognize files. How many characters does this machine need for a file name?
The machine can see the sliced .ctb file on the USB Stick. It just does not recognize it.
I deleted the files from the USB Stick and watched if the .ctb file saved correctly.

Chitabox v 1.9.4 Basic
Have you tried selecting Mars 3 as the printer in Chitubox in the + sign at the top left of settings as your desired printer?