Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nothing on the plate...
Hi All,
I have not used my Elegoo Mars for a couple of years, (I moved to a new country), and only used it a couple of times before that

But now I'm trying to get to grips with it, and I'm struggling.

My first attempt worked, but the two since then have nothing attached to the plate.

I cleaned the plate and the resin  tank carefully with water and a clean dry soft cloth, and dried them. I shook the (water washable) resin thoroughly. The model preview looked good in the slicing software.
But nothing on the plate after 2 tries.

Though there WAS a thin layer outline on the bottom of the resin tank both times. (see photo attached)

I'm distinctly lost on what to try next - I'm unaware of anything different being done on the times that failed.

Is there a step by step idiots guide anywhere? Because this idiot is out of ideas...
All clues gratefully received,
Nick
(05-30-2022, 11:14 AM)Starbase1 Wrote: Hi All,
I have not used my Elegoo Mars for a couple of years, (I moved to a new country), and only used it a couple of times before that

My first attempt worked, but the two since then have nothing attached to the plate.

I cleaned the plate and the resin  tank carefully with water and a clean dry soft cloth, and dried them. I shook the (water washable) resin thoroughly. The model preview looked good in the slicing software.

Though there WAS a thin layer outline on the bottom of the resin tank both times. (see photo attached)

I'm distinctly lost on what to try next - I'm unaware of anything different being done on the times that failed.

Is there a step by step idiots guide anywhere? Because this idiot is out of ideas...
Nick

I believe build plate adhesion failures can be caused by multiple things. One that I experienced a fair bit was the bottom layer exposure time being too low. 
I did find this tutorial on ALL3DP on possible solutions to this issue. Personally, I found the exposure setting to be what was causing my prints to not adhere, but it may be that the bed needs to be re-leveled after the move. 

ALL3DP: https://all3dp.com/2/resin-print-not-sti...ild-plate/

Hopefully, this solves your issue!
(07-12-2022, 11:45 PM)Alpharius Wrote:
(05-30-2022, 11:14 AM)Starbase1 Wrote: Hi All,

Nick

I believe build plate adhesion failures can be caused by multiple things. One that I experienced a fair bit was the bottom layer exposure time being too low. 
I did find this tutorial on ALL3DP on possible solutions to this issue. Personally, I found the exposure setting to be what was causing my prints to not adhere, but it may be that the bed needs to be re-leveled after the move. 

ALL3DP: https://all3dp.com/2/resin-print-not-sti...ild-plate/

Hopefully, this solves your issue!
Thanks for the suggestion, it gives me something to try!