Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
chitubox
Hi all
I am new to 3d printing, having some issues in which I am hoping that some of you can help me with. 

I cannot get chitubox to work on my PC correctly. I downloaded the file on the USB port that came with the printer (Elegoo Mars 2 Pro) it gave me the option to update which I did, but it just won't work correctly. 
There are several issues.
1. it won't allow me to entre my printer modal.
2. I press elegoo as printer but a different printer modal was sets as default.
3. When I open chitubox none of the items icons are labelled, some are invisible
4. if i change angle of the chitubox work area it sets and cannot return to previous position.
5. I can change file to a CBT for the printer but printer says wrong dimensions and won't print.

What I have found.

Looking into chitubox parameters its says supports windows 8 (I am using windows 10)
so this seems to me to be the issue. However despite the do you want to download latest version (i press yet) chitubox is not updating. So i don't know how to actually do this. easy for other but someone like me, not so much as I.T is not my forte. 

My biggest complaint about this whole thing is, when I brought my elegoo mars 2 pro, I asked does this printer print stl files, I was told it does, clearly it does not. chitubox is not nearly as user friendly as lychee slicer. Anyway what's done is done and despite me really been angary over this, I need to move forward and need to get these issues with chituibox sorted. Otherwise I have brought a 3d printer that can never successfully print anything. Yes have tried to print but nothing will print, so vat basin has had resin put into it. Otherwise I would have just returned it.
Suggest you get the latest version from here:

https://www.chitubox.com/en/download/chitubox-free
(08-16-2022, 02:50 AM)billtodd Wrote: Suggest you get the latest version from here:

https://www.chitubox.com/en/download/chitubox-free
Thank you for the reply. I have unfortunately already tried this (as well as the USB version given with printer) For some reason it just won't open correctly. I cannot even enter my 3d printer modal in the setting in chiutbox as it's not an option. I am in talks with some from elegoo about this, but so far the problem remains.
What you can do is uninstall the current version of Chitubox. Download the latest version from Chitubox, 1.9.4. I have selected my 2 printers, the Mars 2 Pro and the Saturn S. If you want print files you need first go to top left corner. Click on the 3 -. Than select open en brows to the dir where your stl files are. When open click on the right side slice. After slicing hit save and save it to the USB. Remove the USB and put it in your printer. After switching on your printer hit the print button on the screen and select your print. Hit the play button and of it will go.