Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saturn 2 squishing prints and creating unwanted bases and other fun stuff.
Hi all i have had my Saturn 2 for a little while now and its great and then it went a bit Weird.
The first thing to happen is i put on a 16 hour print at 0.02mm and the print failed due to my error but what it did do was great except it printed it out at 0.05.
Now i have reloaded the file back into chitubox and it says 0.02 , but i can see the layer lines on it a feel it with my fingernail it's the same as my 0.05 prints.

The 2nd thing is confusing and a bit of a worry.
So in the picture is 2 version of the same thing, the one on the right is what i want the one one the left is what i get.
What i get is 2.6mm of a base that i did not ask for and then the bit i do want squished down to the end product is the right height but all the details are squished flat.
BTW this is printed on the build plate with no supports.
I tried again took the same bits rearanged them and printed again, to get the same result.
the file when i load it back into chitu is fine looks fine and has no unwanted 2.6mm base just an unsquashed model.
When i run it through the printer it shows the right pictures for all layers it just decides to ignore them.
i have not changed any settings on the printer other than Home position, and the only thingh that has be changed in chitu is putting it on 0.02 layer height and turning off AA.
So yeah i am very confused.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)