Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quick help troubleshooting repairing a damaged saturn would be appreciated
The quick rundown: Bought a used unit that was defective on ebay and was promptly sent a working unit, but:

I decided to take the damaged unit as a fix up project to help in future repairs for my current working and future units.

The problem: USB port was unresponsive. No power ran to it, so i replaced the motherboard with the saturn replacement from chitusystems directly. Seems to work fine fine and is responsive after hooking everything up to it. Flashed the firmware and UI and outside of there being a generic 3d PRINT logo on start up of the machine instead of the elegoo mars logo and vat cleaning button being missing everything looked OK.

I started it up to test out a print and realized there is nothing printing in the vat and others seem to have the same issue on the forum. No black rectangle and dim UC lights. Double checked the connection to the lcd and mobo, the cables are clearly labeled unlike the black unlabled one in my other saturn so it isn't backwards. Reconnected it several times and im gonna assume the LCD is dead, correct? My only doubt is that it could be something with the power to the UV lights? I don't want to guess and humbly ask you veterans your opinion. Im leaning towards a new lcd screen. 

This has already proven to be an expensive project since i had to research and buy a new power brick, build plate and resin vat on top of the motherboard since the seller only sent me the working unit (which i have no problem with tbh) and just wanted to assurance before i pulled the trigger on an 80 dollar LCD screen or 150 (roughly) for a UV lamp array. 

Any help is appreciated. Thank you.
Pull off the side piece on the printer then try the exposure test and if the lights are on then it's the lcd.