Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does Space Grey = Ceramic Grey?
So...

Brand new customer, received my Mars 3 Pro and some 8K Space Grey Water Washable resin. Prints failed, research points me to use resin specific settings from the Elegoo site (which I did not notice in the included booklet) and... the spreadsheet linked from the Mars 3 Pro page does not reference Space Grey. Only Ceramic Grey.

Are they the same thing?

Already lost 6 hours trying to print / relevel / reprint. I'd rather not lose more resin as well experimenting further.
Water washable resin has a reputation for being troublesome to print, but that probably only means it is more sensitive to the factors that are critical to all resins , namely , temperature, temperature , temperature (get the whole machine and resin above 20'C) and exposure times (manufacturers love to sell their printer as fast - what we want is reliable, so they usually like the minimum range , we like the one that work every time)

(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2ySL-Sw8QI shows a good test print object)

I have the printer (Saturn) in a cupboard (ikea wardrobe thing) in the lean-to ,so basically outside temperature ( 6'C ATM) . The cupboard is heated (when printing) with a cheap low power fan heater , that has a built in thermostat. (benross brand, 400w ceramic, so giving some protection from overheating) .

Just prior to printing , I heat the build plate until it is hot / very-warm to the touch (but not so hot it would burn you) and fit it to the printer and press print.