Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saturn 2: Brittle prints
Hi all.  New to 3D printing, my business purchased two 3D printers including a Saturn 2 and a QIDI X-Max.  I am trying to figure out the Saturn 2.  

So far I have hacked my way through how to get good quality prints, Chitubox, resin/machine settings, etc.  Currently using Elegoo Standard resins (gray, blue, green, yellow, maroon is what I have on hand.)

Trying to print this model:
https://www.etsy.com/listing/1176350625/...1-15&bes=1

Printing in gray works great.  I have printed a bunch of them for my wife and they all come out perfect.  She wants other colors so I tried blue and green resin - the problem I'm having now is that the print is stuck to the platform really well and when I try to scrape it off, I break off pieces.  The prints are just incredibly delicate and this was not the case with the gray resin.  

What gives, any way to fix this?

Here are my current resin settings that seem to have worked well for gray:
[Image: NhPLOa7.jpg]
You could probably reduce your first layer time a bit - it might reduce the plate adhesion.

Have you tired printing off the plate on supports?
(12-01-2022, 02:54 AM)billtodd Wrote: You could probably reduce your first layer time a bit - it might reduce the plate adhesion.

Have you tired printing off the plate on supports?

I have not tried printing on supports.  I suppose I could try that.

So about the bottom layer exposure time.  Prior to these frogs I attempted to print a few other things - namely some Milwaukee Packout feet, cones of calibration, and a different frog variant (much smaller.)  I was having problems with (a) the print falling off the platform after 10-20 layers or so, or randomly much later on and (b) the bottom layers and transition layers would squish together like they weren't cured fully.  Some prints would actually come out gooey in spots.  I just kept adjusting the bottom & transition layer settings until the print stayed stuck onto the platform and wasn't gooey or squished.

It would be nice if the print weren't stuck to the plate so hard, as it is now I have to tap the scraper lightly with a hammer sometimes to get the print to release from the platform.