Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clean Tank like Print Error?
So I've been printing for about 2 months now.  I got a Mars 3 Pro which I love, but I'm so wishing I would had gone with the Saturn 2 for build size now...lol

I've got my settings dialed in and temperature issues resolved(printing in basement in area with cold winters and like it cold in my house, is about 58F-63F).  Anyhow I've had no more issues with my prints.  I started off using the Elegoo Water Washable resins while easy to clean as just using water I did find print failures more common with it and successful prints were much more brittle then the Elegoo ABS-Like v2.0 resin I've been using since.  I've also used a couple other resins as well testing them out to see which I like better.

I also just tried the Siraya Tech Fast ABS-Like resin.  I don't know if this is the norm for that resin but it was water like in consistency while other resins have been more like a house paint type consistency.  I at first chalked it up to just that is how this resin is.  I then tried to print with it and just got really bizarre results.  The first print got to about 67% when I noticed it was a print failure.  Not only was it a failure it was just odd, notice like I've ever seen myself or in all my searching online for.  About half way through that print it had a tank clean like print done.  A full rectangle the size of the printable area of the vat.  The print was no where near that size, it was just a D&D Mini and base I was re-printing as I had accidently broke the original when cleaning it up of supports.  Also in the vat there were lots of... I don't know what to call it but it was like a thicker consistency of resin now, more like a sorry here, snot like consistency.lol  It was throughout the vat.  I went ahead & cleaned out the vat and everything and reattempted the print again.  It failed another time but earlier on with the same issue.

On a side note, there was an issue with the build plate which also resulted in a vat issue.  The build plate would become cocked after each print a little and get worse and worse.  The screw on the side would not stay tightened.  It resulted in my FEP getting punctured(that was fun).  Then ended up with one of the FEP housing screws getting stripped and not being able to remove it.  They sent me a new Vat and Build plate.

On the 3rd attempt using the Siraya Tech Fast resin it worked.  I was relieved.  I continued on and all my prints thus far are failing with this tank clean like print error.  I thought it was the Siraya Tech Fast resin.  I cleaned the vat and went back to the water washable as I wanted to use up the last of that anyway for some prints I'm doing for my kids to paint and brittleness doesn't matter.  I got the same results.  I thought it maybe my printer but the exposure test seems fine. 

Before I reach out to Elegoo I just wanted to check with others to see if anyone has seen or heard of this issue before?  I've scoured the net and can't find anything.  I keep just getting vat cleaning how to's...lol

Thanks
Hi,
have you found a solution to this problem? My Mars Pro started acting up two days ago with the same problem, no resin changes though. I had a lot of successful prints beforehand, it just stopped working one print to the next... Your post was kind of the only thing i found online, so any advice would be much appreciated.