Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Test print error
Recieved my new Mars printer yesterday and tried the test print.  The words on the rook printed mirrored (backwards and reversed). Is there a solution to my problem?  Thanks!
A few people on the Facebook group have reported that the model on their USB sticks has come out reversed (technically mirrored) like yours. It appears to be a screw up at the source/factory.

It's not an error of the printer, but of the content of the file itself.

Could have been as bad as the decapitated Cat file that Creality had on their CR-10 cards for the longest time. People freaked and returned the printers when the cute cat model printed with it's head 1/2 off to one side

You should be able to load it up in ChiTuBox and mirror it back, re-save and print again. Failing that, email Elegoo support and ask for a proper replacement file. They should be able to email it to you.
(09-14-2019, 09:47 AM)MasterBasher Wrote: A few people on the Facebook group have reported that the model on their USB sticks has come out reversed (technically mirrored) like yours. It appears to be a screw up at the source/factory.

It's not an error of the printer, but of the content of the file itself.

Could have been as bad as the decapitated Cat file that Creality had on their CR-10 cards for the longest time. People freaked and returned the printers when the cute cat model printed with it's head 1/2 off to one side

You should be able to load it up in ChiTuBox and mirror it back, re-save and print again. Failing that, email Elegoo support and ask for a proper replacement file. They should be able to email it to you.

This happened to me as well. Was freaking out that maybe somehow, the screen was installed upside down, lol. I will try a print this evening.

The text on top was barely legible on one of the rooks though. The screen and film were smeared real bad when I opened it. Like whoever tested it did a bad job of cleaning it. It was cleaned as best as I could get it, with some micro pieces of plastic that are near impossible to get off (they stick like glitter does). Is there any recommended tests for small details?