Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When is a square not a square!
Greetings to the people of the resin printing world, newbie here! Apologies are offered for any blindingly obvious mistakes I'll make, gotta learn somehow.

I bought myself an Elegoo Mars 2 Pro on the basis of being able to print various items for model railway, and like lots of people once unpacked and plugged in printed the rooks. They went fine and I'm pleased with result. I've also printed some of my own designs as trials without apparent issue [I'd point out that they were so small, Chitu couldn't clock a cost of a penny!].

But now to my problem! I came across a heater design, which is printed across five major items. Sizing is approx 86mm x 86mm to seach it use of 80mm fans and other parts. Having downloaded the .stl files, I opened via Chitubox and only had to rotate on Z axis to place in centre of print face, select supports, slice, and save. Items were then printed over a few days (they take a fair time to print each one!). Each unit printed without apparent issue and all assembled as expected. Problem arose when starting to assemble with fan, etc. When the fan cover wouldn't align with holes I checked each of the prints and instead of being square they are 92mm x 86mm. A very rough and ready check of the Chitbox file on screen shows the units are square, and I'm assuming at this stage that original design was correct.

Not being completely wise in the axis, it confused me to find that the side 'grown' as the plate rises was 86mm, and the 92mm side was attached to base via supports.

Having merely sliced, diced, and hit print I'd be more than pleased if anyone can suggest what's gone wrong. I'm trying a test print of one part at 20 degrees just to see what that does.

I await the thoughts of the assembled throng.

Paul