Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Touch screen issue
Smile Hello, I'm new to this forum and 3d SLA printing,
 I hope that you have a solution to a mistake that i did...
I've just received the elegoo Mars printer and the first i thing was to do a wrong calibration of the touch screen.
 Then, i can't use it normaly. As i've seen on a post i removed the two ribbons on the back of the screen, ect...
The screen always works but with the same problem.
I decided to try a new firmware but the problem persists.

Do you have a solution? Thank you.

Sorry for my english... It's possible that you understand me. Huh
(09-13-2019, 01:49 PM)Ralleig Wrote: I've just received the elegoo Mars printer and the first i thing was to do a wrong calibration of the touch screen.
 Then, i can't use it normaly. As i've seen on a post i removed the two ribbons on the back of the screen, ect...

Did you remove the protective film from the touch screen? If not, you want to do that.

If you did, then did you leave any small bits or torn off corners of the protective film stuck on the touch screen? If so, that will make the touch screen not react to touches properly and it will be difficult to control the machine. You'll need to remove that piece. You can follow the instructions for replacing the touchscreen (on the Elegoo website) so you can expose the whole touchscreen and remove any protective film that's between the fame of the printer and the touchscreen. Then you should be able to reset the printer and recalibrate.
(09-19-2019, 06:23 PM)jamesdhatch Wrote:
(09-13-2019, 01:49 PM)Ralleig Wrote: I've just received the elegoo Mars printer and the first i thing was to do a wrong calibration of the touch screen.

Did you remove the protective film from the touch screen? If not, you want to do that.

If you did, then did you leave any small bits or torn off corners of the protective film stuck on the touch screen? If so, that will make the touch screen not react to touches properly and it will be difficult to control the machine. You'll need to remove that piece. You can follow the instructions for replacing the touchscreen (on the Elegoo website) so you can expose the whole touchscreen and remove any protective film that's between the fame of the printer and the touchscreen. Then you should be able to reset the printer and recalibrate.
Hello, I did all these things before my post, It was an emergency one Wink . Elegoo is sending from China to France another touch screen to replace it. (10/20 days delivery). But thank you for your help. Exclamation
(09-19-2019, 06:23 PM)jamesdhatch Wrote:

So this is a thing? I just opened my printer and removed the film and yeah, it didn't come off cleanly.  When I turn it on the display comes on but none of the buttons respond to touch.  If that's the case, this is amazingly poor design.  

As for removing the screen, I can't get the front piece off.  I guess I have the 04 version (red and black) but when I remove the four screws, the front piece will not budge.  I've tried lightly wedging it with a screwdriver but it won't move.  

Any tips?

Thanks,