Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Received Saturn 3 Ultra 12K Finally - Issues
Hi All first post.

I received my Saturn 3 Ultra 12K yesterday with much excitement.   This is my fourth resin printer.    Original Photon > Phrozen Sonic Mini > AnyCubic MonoX > Saturn 3 Ultra 12K

I know this is a fairly new product and probably not a lot of user experience yet but nothing but struggles so far.

The network feature does not work, gave up on that.   #1 reason I bought this over the standard Saturn 3.

Bigger issue:   Cannot reset Z=0 no matter how many times I go through the levelling process and follow the instructions to go back a page and hit Z=0 once the paper is snug to liking.   If I go back to home it just resets home right back to where it was out of the box which is too much of a gap.

So as a workaround I loosened all the screws and placed a couple pieces of paper and then held it down and tightened again.   Since I'm stuck with the out of the box Z=0 value I'm hoping this works.

First test / validation print going right now but I'm not having too high hopes as I've failed about 15 attempts yesterday Sad

Looking online there is a lot of others that seem to complain about the resetting z=0 not doing anything even on earlier Elegoo printers and making me really second guess this purchase.

What I did ended up working Smile

Actually the best validation print I think I've ever done... now leave it alone.

Going to try a real print now.

Just strange Z=0 would not reset like my other printers and the manual.
Hi, did you manage to set the Z position? My prints are coming out 0.3 mm to short and setting a new Z position doesn't change anything..
How did things work out for you? I just got my Saturn 3 Ultra and have not been able to get a anything stick to the building plate. I'v tried leveling with the included leveling card on the screen. Then without the card and straight on the FEP screen, still nothing. This is killing me!
(11-11-2023, 08:58 PM)Firsterjr Wrote: How did things work out for you? I just got my Saturn 3 Ultra and have not been able to get a anything stick to the building plate. I'v tried leveling with the included leveling card on the screen. Then without the card and straight on the FEP screen, still nothing. This is killing me!

Have you tried cleaning build plate with Isoprpropynol ?? remove fingerpints and grease marks, you must also push doen on build plate when setting the zero, the card should be almost impossible to pull out Smile I found that elegoo states to lift the build plate 0.1mm but dont, slight pressur on a peice of 1 paper is enough, hold it whislt tightenging screws ok. This sounmd like the build plate is not firm enough when zeroing
Bonjour,

je suis nouveau en impression 3D résine et j'ai reçu la saturn 3 ultra il y a 15 jours. Après de nombreuses lectures et visionnage de vidéos sur internet j'ai effectué des tests avec des objets 3D test de Phrozen et l'autre avec des cones. J'ai réussi à paramétrer bien comme il faut mon slicer leechee et j'ai imprimé 3 objets sans problème avec une très bonne qualité. Et puis plus rien ne colle au plateau , les pièces commencent puis se détache et reste au fond du Fep ACF avec maintenant une succession d'échec. J'ai fait un essai aujourd'hui avec une multitude de petites pièces tout autour du plateau et la moitié des pièces ont tenu avec une très bonne accroche et l'autre rien. Pourtant j'ai bien réinitialisé le plateau sur le FEP avec mise à zero de l'axe z. J'ai contacté elegoo mais aucune réponse pour le moment. J'ai fait la mise à jour du firmware et je ferai de nouveau un test complet demain. Je continue à lire les forums pour chercher des réponses. Est-ce que la température de la résine pendant l'impression nécessite un calibrage précis ? Est-ce la résine standard 8K ( red ppur moi)d'elegoo qui est de mauvaise qualité ? Quel réglage utilisez-vous pour cette résine dans votre slicer (leechee pour ma part) ? Cordialement
I contacted an elegoo France technician and here's the advice he gave me.
resin: elegoo 8K standard red clay

- Calibrate the platter to level 0 directly on the FEP, having taken all precautions to ensure the safety of your equipment.
- Reset the platter to position 0
- I set up the Leechee slici with the following data:

Burn in layers
Number of layers :4
Exposure time 45s
Transition layers count : 10
Lift distance 5   -    0
Retract distance   0    -   5
Lift speed     60    -     0
Retract speed  180       -    0
Wait for print 1s
Wait aftr lift 0.5s

Normal layers
Layers thickness 0.05
Exposure time 2.8s
Lift distance   5   -    0
Retract distance   0   -   5
Lift speed    60      -    0
Retract speed 180    -    0
Wait for print 0s
Wait aftr lift 0s

- I downloaded J3D's Boxes of Calibration from the cults website and followed all the calibration tips explained.

The piece came out impeccable and the dimensions were respected. I finally have a success. I'm now going to make a complete piece.
bests regards
(08-25-2023, 06:47 AM)tantrumus Wrote: The network feature does not work, gave up on that.   #1 reason I bought this over the standard Saturn 3. 

I ran into the same problem - broken network communication.
However, I managed to solve it.
I am using Slicer Chitubox 1.9.5 on WIN 10
I contacted support and they sent me quite detailed instructions.
Although it was not completely accurate, it helped me to solve the problem
1. I set the network parameters on the printer.
2. I verified its availability on the network via ICMP
3. I tried to open the Network sending window - the printer was visible here
When a problem occurred here, the transmission crashed.
In the instructions from the support, it was necessary to turn off the Win FireWall - but this is not completely kosher for the normal operation of WIN 10, for example, in corporate networks.
4. however, I turned off the Win FireWall to test the function - and indeed the transfer to the printer went correctly.
5. On the activated Win FireWall, I then enabled Chitubox communication with the printer in its detailed settings.

I've been printing over the net ever since ;-)