Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mars 2 Pro printing a little too high?
Good day everyone,

I do own a Mars 2 Pro since autumn last year, and I am quite happy with it, especially the detailed printing.

But there's one thing I do not understand yet. In my CAD software, I used to draw a piece of equipment having a height of 1,5 mm. When the machine is printing the part, it's constantly 0,2 mm too high. Up to now I did not find a solution or a cause for that.

So I helped myself by milling the part to the desired height with a small milling machine. It works, but it's quite a big effort, regarding the fact that I need to do that everytime and there are a few dozen parts to be printed (electric coupling case for model railway cars).

When checking the Mars 2 Pro manual, it said at the chapter calibration, to put a piece of paper on the screen, lower the platform using the home button, tighten the screws, and then raise the platform until the paper can be pulled out. That's what I did. Now there's the issue with the machine always printing 0,2 mm too high, and the interesting thing is, the paper I used is 0,2 mm thick. Can that be a chance? ;-)

Does anyone of you have a solution? What happens when I recalibrate without the piece of paper? Will that smash the screen or the resin tank, or destroy the z-axis drivetrain?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Best regards from Allgäu, Gregor.