Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Issues with the clear translucent resin
I'm having issues with the use of the clear translucent Elegoo resin.  I'm attempting to print the popular Eiffel Tower model found on Thingiverse.  The bases stick to the build plate extremely well, but the model will fail at some point, usually on one side only.  There is nothing found stuck to the FEP.  My settings for this print:

Layer Height: 0.05 mm
Bottom Layer Count: 5
Exposure Time: 9 seconds
Bottom Exposure Time: 65 seconds
Light-off Delay: 0 seconds
Bottom Light-off Delay: 0 seconds

Lift Distance: 5 mm
Lift Speed: 300 mm/min.
Retract Speed 160 mm/min.

I'm thinking the exposure time for each layer needs to increase.

[Image: 0917191836-HDR.jpg]
I dont use this, but was looking at buying some and it says :

"***Curing time suggestion for Translucent (ABS Like): Bottom Exposure : 70S, Normal Exposure : 12s"

Might want to try that?
(09-18-2019, 11:30 AM)marsman Wrote: I dont use this, but was looking at buying some and it says :

"***Curing time suggestion for Translucent (ABS Like): Bottom Exposure : 70S, Normal Exposure : 12s"

Might want to try that?

Thanks, marsman!  I clearly missed that.  I'll update this thread with how well I make out.  And, I've printed the sample rooks with this translucent resin, and they look awesome.  They give a frosted glass effect in areas where the model is solid.
(09-19-2019, 02:59 PM)CPatrick Wrote:
(09-18-2019, 11:30 AM)marsman Wrote: I dont use this, but was looking at buying some and it says :

Might want to try that?

Thanks, marsman!  I clearly missed that.  I'll update this thread with how well I make out.  And, I've printed the sample rooks with this translucent resin, and they look awesome.  They give a frosted glass effect in areas where the model is solid.
Final results with exposure time of 16 seconds/layer.

[Image: 0923191943.jpg]

[Image: 0926190159.jpg]