Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My feelings and some questions about Neptune 4 Pro
Hello everyone, I am new to the forum. I usually print some small things for fun. After considering the price, difficulty of getting started, and printing quality, I bought ELEGOO's FMD high-speed 3D printer-Neptune 4 Pro. The reason why I chose ELEGOO is very simple. , the price is cheap, the printing volume is large, the speed is fast, and the operation is simple, which is very suitable for a novice like me.

Unboxing & Installation:

After receiving the Neptune 4 Pro, you need to assemble it yourself, which may be a headache for friends who are new to 3D printers. But in fact, there is a USB flash drive provided by the manufacturer in the attachment, which contains a detailed installation video. It is basically not a problem to install it by comparing it with the manual.

To put it simply, the core accessories are the printer base, gantry, 3D print head, 4.3-inch touch screen, cooling fan module, wire bracket, material break detection module, and power cord.

The core accessory of the 3D printer, the 3D printing head, is actually more appropriately called a high-temperature extruder. The first step in installation is to install it on the gantry.

The second step of installation is to combine the gantry and the printing base. There are 4 screws on the back that need to be fixed, so you need to be careful during the operation.

The third step is to install the 4.3-inch control screen. First install the bracket and then place the control screen. The back of the control screen adopts a magnetic design, which is firmly fixed and can be taken at any time.

The fourth step is to install the material support. Our PLA, PETG and other materials are designed with disc winding, which will be more convenient when printing.

The fifth step is to install the material breakage monitoring module. When encountering unexpected situations such as the material running out or breaking, the device will automatically respond and pause printing to prevent problems such as empty printing.

The sixth step is to install a powerful auxiliary cooling module composed of four 4020 ball fans. Together with the three fans of the extruder, there are a total of seven high-speed ball fans, which provide very strong heat dissipation. Finally, connect the various cables, such as the X-axis and Y-axis motors.

The seventh step is to check the two sets of belts and adjust them with the knobs. They should not be too tight or too loose.

After my efforts, the installation was finally completed. Next, I started printing. I encountered a series of problems:

1. I currently have a model that I scanned, as shown in the picture (the model comes from MIRACO 3D scanner), and the data format is STL

2. What slicing software should I choose? Do I need to convert the format? Is there any built-in software and tutorials?