Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is a slice in 3D printing?
There are many 3D printing molding processes, but the principles are all based on the "layered manufacturing, stacking molding" method to achieve rapid manufacturing of parts. Draw the three-dimensional model of the part through computer modeling software. Commonly used modeling software includes Solidworks, UG, etc., or obtain the data model data file of the part through reverse equipment such as a 3D scanner. The file is generally saved as STL. Then, import the CAD model file into the slicing software of the host computer, and set the parameters according to the process requirements. The slicing software cuts the model file into a series of two-dimensional planes according to the specified thickness, which is the movement trajectory of the printer, and then passes it through the host computer. Send the motion trajectory instructions of each layer to the printer. Finally, the printer prints layer by layer according to the planned path to obtain the solid model, and after necessary processing, the final product is obtained.

To put it simply, the three-dimensional model is divided according to the set layer thickness, and each obtained layer can be used as a single-layer slice of the model. 3D printing is to stack each layer of slices layer by layer through various printing processes to obtain the entity we designed.

I am a 3D printing enthusiast and have always liked toys such as Iron Man, Gundam, and Transformers. However, exquisite hand-made toys are very expensive, so I bought an ELEGOO Saturn 3 Ultra so that I can print what I want. , personal feeling is a very fun experience.
[Image: elegoo-saturn-3-ultra-3d-printer_610x610...1704961815]

The official provides two slicing software. I use CHITUBOX. Slicing is simply to set up the model and convert the model format into a format that can be printed. The threshold is not high. You can do the basic research once and set the parameters. It looks very simple.
[Image: Free-UI-2.png]

In fact, slicing settings are very simple. ELEGOO has already set the default printing parameters on the slicing software before leaving the factory. Just select the machine model you purchased, and then adjust and add support to the model. If there is no problem with the leveling, printing will basically be done. Something will go wrong.